Temporary Orders, Divorce Decrees and final orders resulting from a SAPCR are all enforceable court orders. Depending on the violation, the violator may be subject to fines, confinement in jail or both. Also, the Court may compel the violator to comply with the order, and you may no longer be forced to endure the violations. You can sometimes recover your attorney's fees and expenses from the violator, meaning that the violator will have to compensate you for what you spent to request enforcement of the order. If you think the other party has violated a court order, contact the law firm of ALSTON & ENGELHAUPT, PLLC today to discuss enforcement.

For more information about family law in Fort Bend County, Harris County and Brazoria County including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Stafford, Richmond, Rosenberg, Fresno, Clear Lake, League City, Webster, Friendswood, Pearland, and the Houston metropolitan area, or if you require a family law attorney, please contact us.